[quote=IzzyJG99Doug's Pocket Survival Pak and John McCann Pocket Survival Tin. [/quote]

Thats two of them- they are cousins. John D McCann coming to nearly parallel conclusions to Doug- it happens. The PSP has a bigger mirror, a needle and more duct tape, I like the PTSK's tool selection, more tinderquiks and use of braided fishing line better. Easily enough fixed.

The third kit in the pocket sized, sub-$35 class is the AMK SOL- needs a better name and there is the issue with the design of the whistle, but it is the only kit in this class that includes shelter or passive visual signals with the heatsheet, and despite it's habit of having things cling to the front of the pouch, that pouch is very tough and you know it is sealed (and waterproof) when you roll it up and buckle (tins and zipper bags.. a little more iffy). I think it is geared to a less-skilled user, so I wish they'd put in directions, but I don't know if you need directions for any of it.

There are a couple others that look interesting, such as the Gearpods Survival unit (not pocket friendly, over priced), that I think deserve honorable mention, but others that just don't (BCBs tins- over rated, under quality)

If I had the extra cash, I'd get one of each and do a parallel review. (That way I can have a new PSP and SOL in the pictures with the PTSK.) Uhmm... I take donations. smile

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.