Originally Posted By: ironraven
The PSP is one of the three best pocket kits on the market right now- and I'm going to say that I don't think any of them are 100%. You add and subtract items, repack and reorganize, to fit your constant but also seasonal requirements.

I absolutely agree. Any kit that small is going to be a huge compromise- the best kits simply compromise less. The items in the PSP are of excellent quality for the size and price and are extraordinarily well thought out. I signed up for a subscription to the PSP on Amazon.com, so I'll get a new one every 3 months. I modified my original one a bit; I removed the tinfoil to slim it down and added a Derma-Safe folding saw and a matching DS knife. It rides in the pocket of my Maxpedition bottle holder survival kit. Since I have a 40 stainless water bottle and 1.25 qt stainless pot in the bag there's no need to use foil to boil water. And removing it slims the PSP down enough that it fits in the pocket while still leaving room for a lightweight poncho and a space blanket. I'll probably put another PSP in a pocket in the unlikely even I lose my water bottle, but together my rig gives me a lot of capability while being something I'd always have on me while outdoors. BTW, I also have a Mora Triflex in the Molle webbing and paracord wrapped around the sheath.