The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#209453 - 10/10/10 11:58 PM Re: Fall is here in California [Re: dweste]
Byrd_Huntr Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MN, Land O' Lakes & Rivers ...
The weather in my neck of the woods has been the best in memory! Some people in the south part of the state did have some flooding problems due to a 11 inch rainfall a couple of weeks ago though.

Cool days and cool nights have prevailed. The autumn colors rushed south quickly, and in my trip this week to some of my favorite grouse coverts, I found that the color peak had already passed. It was still beautiful, and I flushed 6 grouse.

Here is a shot of a logging road in the grouse woods that I spent a day on last week.

Attachments
trail 1.jpg (134 downloads)

#209457 - 10/11/10 12:41 AM Re: Fall is here in California [Re: dweste]
Dagny Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Washington, DC

It was fall but tomorrow it'll be 87 degrees.

Got my car reorganized for winter a couple weeks ago. Out went the flip-flops, in went the long underwear, assorted fleece, sleeping bag.

Still have a few camping trips ahead this season.

Sep-Oct are my two favorite months of the year.

#209459 - 10/11/10 01:06 AM Re: Fall is here in California [Re: Dagny]
Teslinhiker Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nothern Ontario
Another sign of fall in our area.

We went out for a long hike today and found the very first of thousands of Coho Salmon swimming upstream to their spawning grounds.

After a lifetime of watching the annual fall salmon runs, I am still amazed at how they can find their way home after about 3 years out in the Pacific ocean. Today, we sat on the river bank for over an hour watching the salmon come upstream and it was well worth the 11 mile hike.

By this time next week, this stream will be filled with spawning salmon. This will continue for about 3 weeks when the run is over and the salmon die off.

This is one of the barely decent photos I got today. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll have some better photos if we go again to the same area again.

John Lubbock

#209466 - 10/11/10 01:40 AM Re: Fall is here in California [Re: Teslinhiker]
Richlacal Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
National Geographic Got Nothin'on You!That Barely Decent Photo,Looks Like Heaven to Me!Awesome Photo! Thanks Alot!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 826 Guests and 58 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
The price of gold
by Herman30
Today at 07:37 AM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
09/01/24 05:57 PM
Best TSA Safe Multitool
by Doug_Ritter
08/31/24 02:57 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.