We went out on a late season salmon fishing trip today. Unfortuantely we caught no salmon, however we were able to get some other seafood delectables as seen below.

At the marina, always a great photo-op in spite of overcast conditions.

The weather was cool, however we missed the rain and it made for a still pleasent day on the water.

These boats look so small next to the freighter and there is not a lot of manuever room in this area...

Fresh crabs, many more were released as they were too small.

Hauling in the prawns from the boat owner's traps.. We ended up with a lot of prawns..guess what is for dinner tonight? And no, that is not me in the photo.

This a 2 gallon bucket and it was nearly full after this photo was taken.

Crab cleaning time. I think we ended up keeping 6 of them

Prawn cleaning time..lots of them to clean! It was mentioned recently here that the ocean coastlines can provide an abundance of food. If you know where to look and have the know how, you will never go hungry.

This young boy and his brother are here visiting from Switzerland. Despite a significant language barrier and me having to use miming and mimicking to communciate with them, showing and letting both these young boys touch, hold and clean some crabs and prawns more then made up for our lack of fish today. They were both profoundly excited and impressed and will have great memories of my country and a story to tell their friends when they go back home....and really this is what it is all about.

John Lubbock