It looks somewhat gimicky but I like some of the design elements and it looks like they spent to cash to have it prototyped. The case looks pretty decent, a big cut above the altoids tin types. While you wouldn't want to be your life on its waterproofness, the design does look it would keep your stuff dry. I think they do cut size a bit by having stuck snap into the outside of the case; that cuts down on how thick the inner part has to be. The compass looks pretty decent for that kind of kit and the "fire-lite" looks to be maybe better than the "original." The rubberized body looks like it might be a bit sturdier, but that's just a guess on my part.

On the other hand, the knife looks like a mixed bag. It's probably not super sturdy, although the blade might be a step up from what you normally find in micro-kits, if you find one at all. Unless they really whiff on the heat treat AUS8 is pretty decent steel for a product in that price range. The light is probably next to worthless- I'd rather tuck a small light inside the case, maybe a Photon Freedom that Doug re-designed. Even my $.50 import version would be handier.

I'm curious what they actually cost when they come to market. Not the type of thing I'd usually carry but a product that looks to have been thought about at length.