Hmmm WD-40 and Nylon Scrub pads? Soak the blade in WD-40 but not up to the hilt since i do not know what the hilts materials are but yeah id personally soak it for like 10 minutes to see how well it loosens the rust up then 10 minutes for every check till the rust is easy to scrub off. A bigger picture would be welcomed it is a nice knife and closer look at its damage would help more.

OH and to preserve it i been wondering myself the best ways to most people rub their knives down with oil and check on it once in a great while. Some oil brands are rem oil and my favorite 3inOne oil.

I been looking at possibly doing something more long term and been pondering if dipping the blade in wax (what kinda wax is still a question most likely a rubbery bottle topping wax) to keep moister off it OR slathering it in something like petroleum jelly which i have heard people actually packing their dive knife sheaths with to keep salt water off um sooo yeah oiling would be the most common my ideas may not even work lol

Edited by Frisket (09/09/10 03:28 AM)