I can't think of too many situations that would require a hunter to skin a deer with a lightweight sheath knife. Certainly, you can field dress a deer with almost any knife.

The blade, sheath, and handle shapes used by Mora and other Scandinavian knifemakers are based on handmade knives used by Laplanders and Finns who lived on reindeer for centuries. If you were hunting with intent to process a deer yourself, you would have other knives and saws in your truck or back at camp specifically for filleting, boning, skinning, and meat cutting. Ontario knives makes some excellent and inexpensive walnut handled carbon steel fillet and butcher knives for under $9.00 for these purposes.

The beauty IMO of the Mora 840 Clippers that I own is light weight (3.7 oz with sheath and paracord lanyard - 107 gr.)low cost, and it's thin 2mm razor sharp carbon steel blade. The blade is thin enough to fillet fish in a pinch, but sturdy enough for meat or light field work such as rope and feather stick kindling. I also think the OD/black color looks great.

I carry one in my pack to supplement the larger sheath knife I carry on my belt, and another in my truck as a backup.