Your young one will be classified as an infant and 5 yo will be classified as a child.

With infants it’s very easy to overextend the head when trying to open the airway. Also brachial pulse (arm) should be used for monitoring. No finger sweep on little babies, since it can lodge the object into their cavity even deeper. You also have to learn that numbers for pulse are higher for kids same goes for number of resps. Also if you are single rescuer on a baby/child you do a cpr for a minute than call 911 or even better carry them with you (if there is no trauma). On adults you call 911 and than start with cpr.

On a kid (infant and child up to 8 yrs) you do 5 comp per 1 breath. On adult you do 15 comp per 2-3 blows.

Also tidal values of lungs for the child and adult are different. I only have an adult bag valve mask (BVM) in my car but I roughly know how to use it. Make sure (if you have one) that you don’t deliver full volume of air from adult bag to a child or an infant. Look at the chest when delivering so you see equal bilateral expansion.

I carry set of child airways (40mm which is considered infant size) , 50 and 60. And adult set which is 70 (small adult) to 110. They have to be measured the right way for each person (corner of the mouth to tip of the ear lobe) and I wouldn’t recommend using them if you are not trained.

Above is just basics in the nutshell. There is no substitute for training.

Matt