The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#204235 - 07/03/10 04:46 AM Re: New Survival Show on Discovery. [Re: Erik_B]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
I wouldn't want to be in a survival situation in the northwoods with no shoes, it isn't stupid for Cody to do it. His feet are used to it. One thing I can say is Cody Lundlin will put his money where his mouth is. A buddy of mine trained with him in Arizona about 13 years ago; they really do head off into the desert to live with him for two or three months with virtually no gear at all. Cody wouldn't let them take a knife, no matches, nothing. He initially didn't even want my buddy to take his hearing aids, iirc! And he didn't slink off at night to a Super-8, he was right there with them, eating bugs and squeezing water out of a cactus! I think no sane person would go into a potential survival situation without some gear, but I think it's a great idea to know how to survival with nothing but the clothes on your back. If you can do it with nothing, a tarp, a knife & some paracord will feel like a luxury.

I can tell Dave knows his stuff, but I have a problem with his recklessness. Cody seems to have a better temperment is more analytical. But after two episodes I feel Dave Canterberry has a much more well rounded skills set than Lundlin. Rappelling, climbing, apparently caving- he can do it all.

The one thing I really don't like about the show is the typical reality show, fake conflict BS they cook up. I seriously believe that the friction between the two of them was largely an invention of the producers. Still, I've really been enjoying the show so far.

#204236 - 07/03/10 05:21 AM Re: New Survival Show on Discovery. [Re: Phaedrus]
Richlacal Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I think Dave & Cody are Awesome in their own rights,Respectively!Put together for this show is a Treat! I also don't care for the bickering part but,It could actually be factual,rather than Producer induced,as these two are So Very different from one another.Yet they combine so Damned well,No matter the Element!This is Truly Rare form,I hope they get Excellent Ratings,So to keep this type of program Alive & running for more seasons to come.

#204237 - 07/03/10 06:47 AM Re: New Survival Show on Discovery. [Re: Richlacal]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Agreed! I just finished watching the Belize episode a few minutes ago, also very good.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 794 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
israfaceVity, Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall
5369 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.