Quote:
All three have told me they don't report their education simply because it keeps them from getting lower level jobs.

This rings so true. laugh

Currently where I'm working the management have decided to ensure that everyone is to get an NVQ Qualification (UK National Vocational Qualification which is aimed at basic literacy and numeracy) simply because the management (Business Studies Graduates again, from the old school boy network upper classes i.e. the natural leaders whistle ) feel that all their internal memo's circulated via email are not being implemented (yes apparently simple email memo's will get everyone singing to the same hymnsheet) and the business, which is a direct customer communications orientated business, will become efficient and successful. The fact is that many who have to read and decipher their management speak email rantings (the company Acronym Server has been down for a few week now, so its now much more difficult) have undeclared postgraduate qualification and any feedback to improve business processes is completely ignored (the technically illiterate management have a difficult time understanding what these undeclared Masters and Phds in Computing and Engineering are telling them). The business is a communications company, whose management cannot even effectively communicate to its workforce and resent any positive feedback as to where they are going wrong to improve business efficiency, i.e. the IT systems are appalling and unworkable and have to rely on the skills of those the management feel are not even literate!! to make the business processes work and function even in a basic sense. laugh

An example of the incompetence of the management is that I have not even been issued a PIN number for my security pass to allow access to the building even after 4 months working there, after being reassigned to this different company address (apparently I don't exist on the company security server). The management are very strict on building security, according to their email memos, as to who can access the building. crazy

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (05/19/10 03:46 PM)