You are thinking the old way, my friend! I said "Today, you can start a business with practically nothing."

Granted, you need to cover your living costs with a regular job or whatever. I assume that you've been eating since you were born and can manage to continue that for a little while longer. Now lessee...

"simple basic business operating costs such as transportation, communications, banking costs etc"
With the possible exception of communications so that you don't have to walk over to Starbucks, why would you bother with any of that?

"Most businesses will have credit and payment terms for their customers."
Again, soooo last century.

As for LLCs, Corporations, etc., in the US the only advantage is that you can shield your personal assets from your business debtors. You don't have any personal assets, and you probably can't get credit, and you aren't going to use debt anyhow.

You need a glossy business plan if you are trying to get investors. A mental one will do if you are investing $100 of your own money.

The risk of failure is you lose your $100 and keep your day job. If you don't make any money, what tax do you have to pay?

Quote:
If you think that all it takes is a ladder, a wash bucket and some cloths to even start a simple window cleaning business then you had better invest in a baseball bat as well.

That sounds like way too much money tied up in capital equipment to me.

"Never trust and engineer who doesn't carry a pocketknife."