Originally Posted By: acropolis5
Serious lack of first aid supplies: minor scratches kit, izzy bandage, quick-clot, duct tape/waterproof medical tape, blister bandages, etc.; extra socks (wool or polypro); Boker Cop Tool;leather or nomex+leather gloves;4-way silcock key; something to carry water in; water pure tabs/ water filter bottle; emergency poncho; foil blanket; small am-fm radio. You need an urban emergency kit. A decent one can be assembled with about a 3-4lb. weight factor. I suggest you shift to a laptop friendly, non-tactical backpack.

I do have a small FAK, like I said. I'm all set for minor scratches. With regard to the trauma supplies, they're pretty bulky.

Duct tape is a good idea.

Extra socks I might cache at the office. I'd be reluctant to add the bulk to my laptop bag.

What does the cop tool get me that my folder and Wave don't?

I do have leather gloves when the weather calls for it, and I posted previously that I'll start carrying them when it doesn't.

Does a silcock key do anything that my Wave doesn't? I've got my water bottle. Water purification tabs are a good idea.

Rather than an emergency poncho I'm more likely to have my rain shell with me. I do have a Heatsheets blanket on my list.