I have the Storm, the Fox40 Sharx and the Fox40 Sonik Blast. Note that the Sharx and the Sonik Blast are newcomers within the last year. The Storm's claim on being the loudest whistle may be outdated information.

Anyway, all three whistles are incredibly loud. I honestly can't tell which is loudest. Each left me with ringing ears, a mild headache and a pissed off dog.

I have to say though that my favorite is the Sharx. It's about half the size of the Storm. It's sleeker looking than the Sonik Blast. It has no pea. Peas have been known to freeze. I can totally see how that happens. Condensation could freeze around the pea, rendering the whistle useless.

The Storm may, or may not, freeze during freezing weather. Fortunately, I don't have to find out because I will carry my Sharx when it gets really cold. Heck, I'll carry my Sharx or Sonic Blast all the time anyway. The Storm is kind of like a big honking camera that takes great pictures but stays at home. The best camera is the one you have with you, likewise with whistles.