<< So you’re going to be a Campmaster>>

If it were that easy... (and personally fun)

I already wear too many hats - at least two of which "disqualify" me for being a Campmaster (unit leader x 2).

I have to SET UP the corps - they will be accountable to me through their chairperson.

I got handed a list of parameters and directions that I am going to toss out - something closer to the model or ideal is what I will try to establish. I dug that link up on my own - grrr! Did some more light research into what others are doing around the country. You comments / ideas go into the cake mix - thanks.

IMHO this is going to take 2 years to stand up on its own and it will never be "done". But I'll take a lap around the pool a few times before summer camp starts up. I foolishly agreed to model a weekend in November and again in January - and two of the District Camping reps agreed to assist (good guys). But that was before I/we realized that this was not a local concept and that there could be a lot more to this if done well.

At least I'll get a couple of extra weekends out doing things I enjoy...

Don't hold your breath - I'm over-busy for one thing - but I'll PM you when I have some stuff in the hopper. When it's up smoothly, you might want to bring your Troop down to give it a whirl - it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive for you (or thereabouts). Perhaps by next fall, if all goes well... Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

"It only takes an hour of your time a week..." <grin>

Tom