Originally Posted By: Desperado

The other male employee that helped me to access the FAK and to transport the patient both directions was reprimanded today via email! His boss thinks he either should not have been involved, or at least left the clinic immediately upon helping our co-worker inside.

Not to pick on you or your fellow employee, but virtually all companies forbid what you did for liability reasons, or have employees designated for this purpose. There are some serious liability problems with having an employee who is "on the clock" doing things like this. It is the same reason why people who clock in and out are required to clock out if they leave the premises for lunch.

Good Samaritan laws generally provide decent protection for first aid, but not for transport in the kind of situation you found yourself in. The company is right to protect itself from the hordes of lawyers waiting on the sidelines.

The two of you may have meant well, but your actions put the company at risk for no good reason.

Bob