Quote:
The sachets include sugar, but I add another spoonful.

sick

The main ingredient in these Nescafe Instant Sachets is Sucrose then Glucose Syrup. The instant coffee content is only 10.6% by weight according to the ingredients list. Far, far to sweet for me, I'm afraid. I don't take any sugar in my tea and only half a teaspoon of Tate and Lyle pure sucrose is acceptable in my coffee.

They are also way, way to expensive. Imagine your a coffee fiend and you get hooked on the 3 sachets of Starbucks a day during the working week (there will no doubt be a secret Starbucks ingredient to make the weak willed coffee drinker become a Starbucks Instant Coffee junkie). Annual costs are £300 or around $500. Utter, utter madness.

Also today it is reported that Coca Cola sells over £1 Billion ($1.5 Billion USD) of the sweet sickly tooth rotting diabetes inducing gut rot in the UK, making it the biggest selling single individual brand in the UK Supermarkets. The amount sold in the US must be absolutely staggering. frown

If you have a Lidl nearby check out the Instant Milk Powder and the instant Granarom Coffee (I still like the Nescafe Gold and Original BTW). Mix up to suit your taste and package individual portions in recyled individual honey breakfast glass jars.

Not only will you save money rather than buying the individual sachets but you can actually get a decent cup of instant coffee.

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (03/20/10 07:55 PM)