>>If it is handy sometime, I’d appreciate knowing<<<br><br>The box is labeled "Glad Zipper Storage bags" and it also said "double lock seal" and "new thicker bag". It is the 1-gallon size. I assumed it was a freezer bag because it was thick, but the box didn't say "freezer" on it. It was similar to other freezer bags I have handled (who knows, probably the identical product with different labeling).<br><br>>>Has anyone tried any of the new bags with a slider? <<<br>I haven't tested these for possible field use, but I was given one recently when I left my mother's house with some left-over food. I noticed that the slider was in fact designed to seal completely when it reached the fully-closed position. A rather ingenious design, really. I also remember having some trouble with the slider after opening and closing it a number of times. I think it wasn't engaging the zipper or something. Also, the zipper on that bag seemed a bit flimsy. I am not drawn to this design for survival use since the slider adds some bulk and the regular slider-less style is simpler and seems more reliable and robust to me. Also, the added convenience is of minimal importance to me (no real functionality is added by the slider). Maybe the design will improve with time.<br><br>