Just want to add my support to a few important small points:

- Pay-for-posting-privileges: Don't even think about it, at least not for the public (main) part of the forum.

- Any payment is voluntarily, not mandatory. You pay because you want to support ETS and/or because you'd like to access some extra goodies in the premium section. The important part: This is a free choice. Try forcing people to pay for something on the internet and their gut reaction is to vaporize faster than taxis on a rainy day.

Originally Posted By: Art_in_FL

Second, the present system of accessing a thread gives you pages (1,2,3) and (all) which is good except that going to the last page often ends up where you get one or two entries so you need to page back to get a feel for the flow of the comments. To avoid this annoyance I find myself just hitting 'all' and downloading the whole thread when all I really want to look at is the entries added since I last looked at the thread.

I don't have this problem. When I'm logged in and want to view a thread I always jump straight to the newest post in that thread. There probably are some control settings to modify this behavior. I haven't fiddled with them, but since I'm a fairly new member my standard (default) settings might be different from yours. Shoot me a PM if you'd like me to investigate.