Originally Posted By: martinfocazio
. . .In terms of benefits of premium membership, there are a few things that could be offered:

1. Ability to list "for sale" items. I'd probably make this unlimited, I don't want to go through the hassle of managing each offer post.

2. A "Shout Box" - a live chat area that would be displayed alongside the forum topics and would only be accessible to premium members.

3. Earlier access to Doug's reviews (e.g. Shot Show report)

4. Invitation to "members-only" ETS meetups in various locations around the USA. . . .

. . .Another thing that I think would have to go along with Premium Membership is - sit down now - no "handles". As you can all see, my name is Martin Focazio, and Doug Ritter is really THE Doug Ritter, and I think that this would be a requirement of premium members - they would have to shed the anonymous moniker that provides a small degree of privacy and they would have to post "openly". I think this is a requirement that would have to be enforced to have a successful marketplace. . .

I agree with the no handles rule for the marketplace. However, some of us might like to be Premium members for the other benefits. I have no intent to sell anything, but I might like "Earlier access to Doug's reviews" and perhaps an Invite to "members-only" ETS meetups. I don't see why a real world name is required if I'm not doing business through ETS. What am I missing?