Originally Posted By: greytruck444
soli: I don't know about you, but before I go spending more than $20.00 on anything I might need to trust my life with, or to give to somone I care about, who might need it to trust their life with, I spend 5 minutes on google.

I wholly agree and would have done the same.

Having said that (I'm making assumptions here), not everyone is going to be as mistrusting of off the shelf kit, unfortunately. I also know if I was in the authors shoes, my parents would have bought this with the best of intentions but unfortunately knowing no better and would not have had the inclination to google for info.

Originally Posted By: greytruck444

I wasn't going to critique the contents, but maybe I should.

I don't think that's needed here smile We all pretty much see how bad that is.

It's unfortunate that the author did not post here, as she would have got good reliable feedback. As it stands there are essentially 2 trains of though going on in separate locations. One here, poo-pooing the eco side of things and missing (for the most part) her plea for advice and the other on treehugger ignoring her requirement for reliable kit and suggesting hokey or less than reliable 'eco' solutions.

If the comments on the site were working I'd stick a link to this thread so she could get some real advice.