Originally Posted By: marduk
No medical training beyond CPR and 1st aid

First up, right off the bat, that means no antibiotics. They are very specific as to what responds to them, they are expensive, and many of them get scary if they go south. And nothing injectable. If you think you are going to stitch with a book propped up on their leg, torture some oranges now.

In fact, nothing Rx. All your meds should be OTC, simply because most OTCs have a MUCH longer shelf life than the legal department at the manufacturer says they do. It also means you can get them easily, without raising too many eyebrows.

And if you ask for three years off the pill, I want to know your physician and pharmacist's reactions. smile

I'm just going to brain storm here:
LOTS of dressing materials, sterile. Splinting materials. Home birth supplies. Iodine, rubbing alchohol and saline. Rehydration salts, or just baking soda, lite-salt (mix of magnesium and sodium clorides) and some sugar. A good anti-fungal, both for atheletes foot and jock itch. Talcum powder. Cough suppresents and anti-allergy meds. Toenail clippers. Lice shampoo. Razors and hairbrushes and combs. A good mulitvitamin and sprouting jars to get you fresh greens (yes, I consider this to be medical).

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.