I agree, this is a real limitation of the mini-kit concept and a condom just isn't much of a solution in my opinion. I look at this in one of 3 ways, depending on the situation:<br><br>1) You can carry the mini-kit in one pocket and something like a platypus water bag in another pocket.<br><br>2) In many circumstances where being in a survival situation is likely, such as on a hike or camping trip, you are going to be carrying a canteen with you anyway, so that is what you use. Or you will have other stuff you can improvise with.<br><br>3) If all you have is the micro-kit and nothing else, and you are so remote that it is unlikely you can even scavenge a littered soda bottle, and you are unable to fabricate something out of natural materials, then, well... your luck just ran out. You would have to take your chances with the water quality. After you get out of the situation, you can see a doctor about any parasites or whatever. <br><br>But I think it is a mistake to think of the mini kit as the beginning and end of your equipment. It is just supplemental to the other things you have with you and those things are just supplemental to what you can draw from your environment. If your mini kit had everything you needed to survive, it would be a backpack (or an RV).<br><br>