good timing--i just finished a "runaway" project.what started as just moving those trash cans of bird seed from under the steps turned into one where i ripped off the old carpet from them and repainted the steps,the floor beams around them and started on the floor.

i just used Dutch Boy Porch and Floor paint and it seems like good stuff with lots of that filler they put in to thicken it up.
a coat on everything and a second on the treads with the non slip grit added.i did a patch at the bottom on the steps on the floor with the grit and without it over by the floor drain and wash tubs.
this is a working basement and not a family room so every part will not be done.
epoxy paint--years ago on a summer job i worked for a place that put that stuff down on factory floors.you have to work fast as it sets up and it really stinks.we worked on weekends when these places were shut down.i also painted the sub floor,under the duck boards,in the hot tub room at my cabin and once again heavy fumes.i had all the windows open and fans running.