Hanging things on vehicle mirrors can prove counterproductive. In several accidents that I've seen, the mirror was not on the windshield after the accident. Either something hit the mirror and it snapped off and/or the windshield had broken to the point that the mirror had nothing to stay attached to. In either event, anything attached to the mirror would most likely disappear in the resulting confusion.

Some folks have talked about placing them in glove boxes, ash trays, hanging on gear shifts and the like...I suspect that these places and methods will also be subject to accident issues and you may not find it where you left it.

No method of placing it is perfect. For me, the ResQMe lives on my neck lanyard along with a Fox40 whistle and an ARC AA flashlight. This method may or may not work for others. I thought about pockets,tyrapped to seat belts etc. and was unable to find a place that seemed like it would be easy to find when hanging upside down in the vehicle with glass all around...and yes, I once found myself in exactly that situation.

I'm certainly open to suggestions about other locations and your mileage may vary using a neck lanyard.

Regards,
Comanche7