Hi all.

I live in Cape Town, South Africa. Many people associate Cape Town with a sunny, flamboyant holiday city with a wonderful flat mountain (Tablemountain) right in the middle.

So, you can imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning after a really big hailstorm, to pear at the very tip of Devils Peak (the highest point in the range), and see a fine white covering of... SNOW!

If I recall correctly, the last time it snowed on Table Mountain was in 1995. So, this was met with some excitment at school. Hopefully I can go for a walk this weekend to see if there is still any snow left.

Now the anticlimax. I turn on the evening news, to hear that:
1) a cargo shiop ran aground near "the Cape of Storms" during the storm
2) At least 400 people so far in informal settlements have had to relocate due to flooding and cold
3) A plea for old blankets, clopthes, food etc has been set up to help the many thousands of others who have been adversely affected by to storm.

all that saddness kinda put a damper on my happiness when our science lesson turned into a non-academic discusion as a result of pea-sized hail stones hitting the windows for 15 minutes.

I doubt that It would kill me if gave 1 or 2 of my smaller tracksuits to the collection. then again if I don't, somebody else might die...