I have only read half of the posts so forgive me if sopmeone has already suggested this. How about putting a bicycle in the trunk of your car and keep it there (as EDC) whenever you go to work.

As for me, I am too overweight and out of shape to do it, but lying in our back yard are 4 bicycles of different sizes. Kids have grown and don't want to ride them anymore. Sometimes I have seen full grown men riding smaller bikes with handlebars and seats pulled up as far as possible to accomodate an adult. Th eadult size bike will get you home faster but the smaller one will fit even in truncks of smaller cars.

You may choose an adult size or kid size bike as a bug out vehicle, or you may even use it as a barter tool to get a ride LOL.

In my case, IF I did this, the goal will not be to reach my home ( I would have a heart attack before reaching there LOL ) but the goal is to reach a relaticve's house a few miles from my office building. From there I may stay with them or pick a ride to my house. If it was that messy, it would almost definitely mean staying with them for sometime.

Having said that, my 1st option , if anything happen NOW, is to inform our buiding security that I am going to sleep in my office for the night. I have enough stuff for 2-3 days.