+10 on the traffic jams, TO traffic sucks. Lots of indoor ice rinks, not cold enough, for long enough to make outdoor rinks for all season. There are some outdoor ones but they are few and far between. 86,000+ kids play hockey in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).

Like any large city there are places to stay away from. Leave ALL your guns at home unless you plan to bring a long gun for hunting. Mace too. Most are prohibited or severely restricted. Expect the Canadian Customs agent to ask you if you have any weapons.

Toronto is a neat place, like Doug said, they did have to call in the ARMY once to help clear the snow. They can't do that now as most of our ARMY is currently in Afghanistan.

Sometimes Toronto is referred to as the United Nations because what ever country you can name, there probably is someone from that country living in Toronto. The largest population of Italians, outside of Italy, is in Toronto. Many other ethnic areas too. Canada is a melting pot of humanity and Toronto is perhaps the largest example in Canada.

On a stickier note, Canadian medical facilities won't likely take your US Heath Insurance so you will either need a lot of cash or Travel Health Insurance based in Canada. When my wife and I go back to Canada and need medical services, it usually takes the medical place longer to figure out how we can pay them than getting the service.

Gas, Cigarettes and Booze are way more expensive in Canada than what you are used to. Food probably too. There is a 14% sales tax (Harmonized Tax or Goods and Services tax plus Provincial sales tax) on most retail purchases.

PM me if you want any additional info. Enjoy your trip!