Originally Posted By: oldsoldier
Currently, the Seal Pup is the knife I want, but I want to check out the CS & Becker ones too. Thanks for the input!

My pleasure. I just wanted to answer your question completly so you make the right decision for your desire and your needs. The seal pup is a good knife and it sounds like both of those will be met by its capability.

The other knives I mentioned from cold steel and becker are more along the line of heavy duty knives as survival and or combat tools that would do camping chores well.

I think it is fun to shop around a bit, so if you want something that is between "tactica cool" and survival with carbon steel, excellent kydex sheath that you can carry horizontally, tough survial knife but not too awful thick and not an overly large knife, the RAT Cuttlery RC-4 is very good option. (I know you said you don't prefer them, but didn't know if you saw that one.) They are kind of spendy though...~$100 Ebay. I have one of those too. To be honest, I can't really think of anything I don't like about it....

I think you have the same problem I do...I like the right quality tool for the job, but also like the pleasure of using something that appeals to me personally smile