DFA, thank you very much. The more I look at the Gerber, the less appeal it has to me, largely due to the beefiness of the knife-nothing with the performance of it. I dont really need a knife particular to escaping from a wreck-I drive a soft top Wranger, and, if I cannot extricate myself from that, well, I deserve to drown/burn!. I normally carry 3 knives on me for EDC-an RSK MkIII I think it is (the pocket folder), a Leatherman Kick, and a Leatherman Micra. Looking for a field knife, I have to say the LMF caught my attention due, initially, to the robestness of it. Then reality set it-I am no longer a grunt, so weight counts; I prefer something I can carry horizontally on my hip, and I want a knife that is all around comfortable and general purpose. And, cost is a factor as well, to a degree. Falkniven knives are beautiful, but there is something about them that doesnt appeal to me. I dont need a large knife-the blade of the Seal Pup is about perfect for what I want. The RAT series I dont really care for, and I havent seen the CS ones. I will likely be ordering one this weekend, and I think the Gerber is out. Currently, the Seal Pup is the knife I want, but I want to check out the CS & Becker ones too. Thanks for the input!