I have the Gerber LMFII. I use it as my GHB knife that I keep in the pickup. It is a tough well built knife. The blade is fairly thick so it can handle abuse. It feels pretty good and grippy in the hand but just a tad thin in the handle for my likeing. I have a bad tendency to want to rest my thumb on the spine of the blade whittling on sticks...but the top finger guard kind of gets in the way. Unlike the RC-4 or RAT 7 that I have.

Depending on the task needed, the serrations are both a pro and a con. It is a pro for ripping through webbing or rope, but not as nice to skin bark off of sticks where a normal blade does best up close to the guard. So if you want to do whittling...then this is not the knife for you. Get a normal blade w/0 serrations for that task.
The LMF II sheath is fantastic. It dominates anything else when it comes to retention. It slides in and you know without a doubt that it is retained when you hear and feel the snap. It won't come out unless you want it to. Then there is the double retention snaps if you want even an extra measure of retention.

The high quality heavy webbing for the belt loop won't let you down. I have not used the sharpener in the sheath so I cannot give my opinion on that. I always use a diamond stone or an oil stone when I sharpen my knives.

As far as a knife goes, it is the ticket for a get home bag knife. It has pro and cons on the blade type (normal and serrated) which gives you both options and limitations of ease of use. To be clear, it will do a good job as a survival knife, but is really designed as an emergency escape knife to break glass and cut safety harnesses. It is too heavy for EDC tasks.

For camping chores, I like full flat grind carbon steel normal bladed knives...and the longer the better for chopping/spitting tasks. While the shorter 4-5" blades for whittling and such. The LMF II is not a log spitter or a chopper. The blade is too short to do that effectively. It can do it...just not efficiently. The holes for lashings will work, but IMHO I think I'd rather use the knife to make a sharp point on a stick than use it as a spear.

So, in summary the LMF II is a good stainless steel knife that is really designed to be used as an emergency escape knife 1st (which is what it is perfect for) and a survival knife second. It is tough and will do anything that you ask of it within reason. But it won't do everything perfectly. Sometimes, it's just better to have the right tool for the job. Period.

The sog seal pup is more limited in the types of tasks than the LMF II. I know people like the SOG seal pup too...but it has the same pros and cons with the blade. The thing I don't like about the seal pup is the small useable blade length due to the blade stop in front of the guard. Secondly, the blade is also fairly thin throughout so it would not excel well in heavy tasks like prying or heavy camping chores. However, it is good steel so it does ok. It is certainly more "tactical cool" looking and lighter than the LMF II, but I would grab the LMF II over the seal pup if I NEEDED a KNIFE TOOL that I had to rely on.

Aside from that, the falniven A1&A2, CS Recon Scout, CS Trailmaster,RTAK II, Becker BK7, Becker BK2, RAT 7, Kershaw Outcast are more along the line of camp chore / survival knives that would fit your listed chores better.

Hope that helps.