I realize this is pure heresy here, but I must disagree with the concept of every-day-carrying, on one's person, a First Aid Kit, with any reasonable content.

I keep a pair of gloves stuffed in a 35mm film container in my jacket pocket, and there are first aid kits in my office, down the hall in the communal kitchen, in my car, and in the vehicles of my employer's security who respond within a few minutes of a 911 call, along with EMTs who respond nearly as quick, etc etc, all the way up to the local hospitals and Trauma Center in Harborview. For convenience I sometimes have a band aid in my pocket, though those tend to get crusty and thrown away before I use them. I have used the gloves 3 times in the past year though. Better safe than sorry.

As I see it there are two possible scenarios requiring first aid: something you can treat immediately, with a trip to a nearby first aid kit, or calling for help, which comes running; and a mass casualty incident that could erupt on you, flood your ability to respond, sidetrack or delay the usual first responders, leaving you on your own, and requiring more first aid than you can ordinarily carry on your person to deal with. Scenarios in between might differ in scale or severity, but I don't see the reward:return on carrying any significant first aid supplies on my person except when I am remote from it all, ex. backpacking. I go to lengths to keep first aid supplies near me always, but not on me.

As per usual YMMV, and it probably will.