As a matter of fact I do carry a disposable camera in my current pack. Its still in its foil wrapper. Once I go back to my normal pack (DW is using while on crutches).

Many years ago when I had a disposable camera on me and witnessed a car accident. The guy who caused the accident got out and got really hostile with the female he hit. So I whipped out my camera and snapped some picts while both cars were in the road before they moved them for traffic purposes.

When the cops showed up the guy started blaming the female for the accident. I stood off to the side for several minutes, gawking, then offered the camera to the officer with my name and number on it. He called me a while later telling me the pictures helped close the case and cite the guy.

So yes, camera phones are very cool, but i do like that I can just snap some photos and put the effort on the other party instead of me having to type in emails or send here and there. As common as phone cameras are, a lot of people still can't take them well or send them or receive them correctly.