Originally Posted By: epirider

My question is this, have any of you, had a lapse in common sence? I know we all have but in the context of this thread. I am not new to this game, so I actually had my entire BOB, a EMT bag, a major FAK and my EDC back at camp - that at times was sometimes 25 miles away. Anyway, alls well that ends well. I promised myself that it would not happen again though.

Everyone has a brain fart now and again. This is exactly the sort of situation that prompts me to recommend that even when you have more and better gear, nothing substitutes for the pocket survival kit and other survival gear that is small and unobtrusive enough that it is with you at all times. If it isn't with you, it can't save you (tm).

When I am out in the wilds, regardless of the situation, I always have my Pocket Survival Pak, a shelter (vacuum packed HeatSheets Blanket), knife and multi-tool (and going forward, the new tiny McMurdo Fast Find) and such in my pants pockets. Even if I forget or get separated from my other gear, I always have that. If I have my pants on, it's with me. If I don't have my pants on, well, I don't expect to be very far from camp in that condition. grin
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com