Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#174475 - 06/06/09 09:47 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: massacre]
ratbert42 Offline

Loc: Florida
I love that Spyderco Caly3. It forced my other Spyderco and Benchmade folders almost completely into retirement.

I have a few Leatherman tools and carry the Super (and PocketWrench II and a pile of stuff) in a bag that hangs out inside my laptop bag or in the car, so the weight of anything bigger than a Micra on the keychain probably isn't worth it for me.

I use the Zebra F-301 pen from my keychain without even using the metal half, but I have another one that I use fairly often in the full extended setup gimmick. I did a little work on the rubber o-ring that holds it in place inside the metal half and it stays together better now. Maybe a couple drops of glue or a few wraps of thread under the o-ring would really tighten up the fit. The ink is a little grey, but it writes smoothly and doesn't bleed through a page at all. I've never had it pop open on my keychain. The Sharpie was always falling off until I roughed it up and superglued the cap to the break-away keychain part.

I used to carry a USB key on the keychain, but then I kept winding up with my keychain stuck to my computer back at my desk instead of in my pockets.

#174554 - 06/08/09 07:26 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: ratbert42]
LeeG Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
If you want or need to carry a USB drive, I highly recommend the Sony Microvault. I carried the 2gb version for about 2 years and have upgraded to the 8gb one. Product Dimensions: 1.2 x 0.6 x 0.1 inches. It comes with a little sheath that clips to your keychain.

#174560 - 06/08/09 09:14 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: LeeG]
GettingThere Offline

Philip,

What is that small blue device marked "Viper"?

#174602 - 06/09/09 06:57 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: LeeG]
Erik_B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere in my own little wor...
Originally Posted By: LeeG
If you want or need to carry a USB drive, I highly recommend the Sony Microvault. I carried the 2gb version for about 2 years and have upgraded to the 8gb one. Product Dimensions: 1.2 x 0.6 x 0.1 inches. It comes with a little sheath that clips to your keychain.

i would lose that thing quicker than you could say ADHD. the larger ones are harder to overlook and since it stays attached to my keys i can't get away without it.

Originally Posted By: ironraven
...Shopping appeals to the soul of the hunter-gatherer.

#174635 - 06/10/09 11:09 AM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: massacre]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
Nice kit! I like that moleskin booklet... Will have to acquire one of those..

If you have a vacuum saver, easy to vacuum pack a couple of Bandaids. Keeps them water tight and flat. Just slice a small nick so that it can be opened easily. Keeps them from being ruined from the environmental moisture.

#174639 - 06/10/09 11:42 AM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: Mike_H]
JBMat Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NC
An off-hand question -

Do y'all wear both a belt and suspenders to keep your pants up? Seems to me a lot of weight in your pockets,

At best I EDC a small SAK, my keys (2, house and truck) with a leatherman micro and a small led light, a pen, a small bic, my wallet and a comb. I carry some business cards in my wallet to write notes on if required.

Max weight - 1.5 lbs maybe.

#174648 - 06/10/09 02:59 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: JBMat]
comms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mesa, AZ
There is no off-hand questions, only off hand shooting. smile

All depends. Many people EDC in jacket pockets, briefcases, messenger bags, packs of one sort or another, lunch boxes, and yes occasionally pockets.

#174664 - 06/10/09 10:11 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: comms]
Rusty Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: College Station, Texas
GettingThere,

The device marked "Viper" is most likely a key fob controller for an aftermarket car alarm system. Some systems offer remote start and the ability to role down your windows along with the usual car alarm features.

I hope this helps.

#174686 - 06/11/09 10:49 AM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: Rusty]
Erik_B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere in my own little wor...
most of my stuff is belt carry. soon as i find a pouch i like my card/cash brick will be belt-carry as well. those horizontal cellphone holsters seem like they would be perfect.

Originally Posted By: ironraven
...Shopping appeals to the soul of the hunter-gatherer.

#174713 - 06/11/09 08:44 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: Mike_H]
massacre Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Central Illinois
Originally Posted By: Mike_H
Nice kit! I like that moleskin booklet... Will have to acquire one of those..

If you have a vacuum saver, easy to vacuum pack a couple of Bandaids. Keeps them water tight and flat. Just slice a small nick so that it can be opened easily. Keeps them from being ruined from the environmental moisture.

Hmm.. I hadn't thought about Vacuum packing a few. Maybe that would give it the ability to wear withtout shredding.

I should see about throwing in a couple nitrile gloves and 2x2 pads too. :-)

The moleskine booklet is great. You can get that size at Borders. A 2-pack is $6

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (brandtb, Eugene), 435 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
israfaceVity, Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall
5369 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.