#174432 - 06/06/09 03:50 AM Stuffing my pants
massacre Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Central Illinois

This is my Every Day Carry
bigger pics

At my left hip I belt carry:
Leatherman Charge TTi
In sheath - half a dozen 4" zip ties, Large paperclip, McFeely's Pocket Wrench II, Arc-p AAA flashlight, Sharpie marker, and a pack of common bits.

At my right hip I belt carry:
Motorola RAZR2

On my arm:
Casio PAW-1300T

Left front pocket:
Leatherman Micra
Fisher Titanium SpacePen
Microfiber Cloth
On CountyComm Titanium keyring:
NSN: 3740-01-474-7377 Tweezers
Columbia Titanium whistle
Deal Extreme keychain light
County Comm Stainless Peanut Lighter
Sandisk 4GB Titanium Cruzer Flashdrive
Doug Ritter Pico Light

Right front pocket:
Relic Pocket Wallet / Money Clip
Swiss+Tech Utili-Key
CRKT Point Guard

Right cargo pocket:
Moleskine Micro Booklet
Purell Hand Santizer

OK, so this is nearing the upper threshold for what I'll carry daily. I have this gear stuffing my pants year round, but my pockets are comfortable as everything is non-bulky. I also have a 3m 550 cord wrist bracelet w/clips that has 20m of 20+kg test braided Spiderwire hidden in the weave, but I keep it on my man bag unless I'm going rural.

Any ideas on what to add to this? My only requirement is that it be easy to carry (light, thin/flat, small, etc.) and be nearly indestructible. I used to carry a Bandaid, but they always get messed up (any ideas on HOW to carry one or two are appreciated).

I haven't seen an EDC thread in a long time. I'm always curious and get inspired by what others squirrel away, so please add your own gear lists and Pics would be great!

For anyone keeping track, yes, that's a total of 4. grin

#174436 - 06/06/09 10:49 AM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: massacre]
Erik_B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere in my own little wor...
oh, you ultralighter, you. smile

actually that's an old pic. my current EDC is

-leatherman wave and diamond sharpener in Wave sheath
-cellphone, maglighte solitaire, mini bic lighter, and card tool in cellphone case
all my wallet stuff held together with a rubber band.
8Gb flash drive, p-51 can opener, and pill case on my keyring.
F701 pen and a cheapo notepad.

Originally Posted By: ironraven
...Shopping appeals to the soul of the hunter-gatherer.

#174438 - 06/06/09 01:00 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: Erik_B]
OilfieldCowboy Offline

Loc: WY/AK
at work:

three pens (red, blue, black), pencil, pocketknife, security badges, wallet and cell phone in chest pockets of coverals. iPod, flash drives, misc distributed throughout front leg pockets. Gloves in right rear, bag of Spitz sunflower seeds in left rear.

At home:

wallet in right rear
knife, car keys, misc in right front
pen(s) in left leg pocket
cell pohne in right front
sometimes a leatherman or other on my belt

#174439 - 06/06/09 01:04 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: Erik_B]
ratbert42 Offline

Loc: Florida

Spyderco Caly 3 (sharpened to a "convex" edge)
Fenix L1D CE
Keychain: Victorinox Manager II SAK (and a straight pin stuck in the fob/sheath), Sharpie, Zebra F-301 pen, Arc AAA-P light, Uncle Bill's Sliver Gripper Tweezers
Palm Centro
Wallet (not shown: a couple bandaids and hand wipes, mostly for the kids)
Moleskine planner notebook
and my newest addition: reading glasses frown

I don't always carry the moleskine and glasses. I often carry a full-sized pen, but the little Zebra is fine to write with, even just using the business half.

I almost always carry the Spyderco, but the little SAK does most of the cutting to keep the Spyderco sharp and out of sight.

I usually carry the Fenix light only if I'm going to be out at night or somewhere inside that could go dark. The Arc light (and my phone) are enough light in a pinch. I've been close to getting a bright AAA Fenix (L0D or LD01) to replace both the bigger Fenix and the dimmer Arc.

I'm always considering replacing the little SAK, since the pen and tweezers are almost useless. The Phillips head driver and scissors on it are perfect though and the blade isn't bad. Plus it's black.

#174448 - 06/06/09 05:36 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: Erik_B]
massacre Offline
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: Erik_B

I do like to keep it as unobtrusive as possible. And I note that yours is pretty ultralight, as well. smile

I have that same card tool, but never found it all that useful (kind of dangerous to use actually!). Now... the P-51 I could get behind. I have a few P-38s sitting around - I'll have to add one.

I've also though about getting another stainless peanut lighter to use the case as a pill holder (some claritin/ibuprofen, etc.)

Do you find you use the sharpener much?

#174449 - 06/06/09 05:41 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: ratbert42]
massacre Offline
Old Hand

The Spyderco looks great. I ditched my SAK for the Leatherman Micra and have never looked back. I find that it's superior in every way. Do you like your pen? I tried them and had a hard time keeping the cap on when it's open, which was frustrating.

Glad to see another Moleskine fan! smile

#174450 - 06/06/09 05:50 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: ]
massacre Offline
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Oh, you silly man what have you unleashed?!

Hehe. grin

And I thought I carried a lot. I see your new flashlight from the other thread and note the new DR Picos as well. I had thought of a firesteel wrapped in clear shrink tubing like DR has on his kit. Hmmm...

I would carry my modified Pocket Pack if I was going out and about, but it's always in my man bag (which is always in my vehicle). This looks like all great gear. I don't know that I could carry it every single day though. The one thing I wouldn't mind having is the duct tape. I really need to find a compact way to carry some - even a foot or two of 1" wide would come in handy.

Yet another fan of the Moleskine!

#174458 - 06/06/09 07:17 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: massacre]
philip Offline
Addict

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area

Obligatory link to that page on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/civex/907489749/

#174462 - 06/06/09 07:36 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: massacre]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Some folks appear to have some very well endowed sporrans, yet are missing one of the most essential items of kit for the urban and wilderness environment - Tissue Paper. grin

#174463 - 06/06/09 08:00 PM Re: Stuffing my pants [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
Erik_B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere in my own little wor...
Originally Posted By: massacre
Originally Posted By: Erik_B

I do like to keep it as unobtrusive as possible. And I note that yours is pretty ultralight, as well. smile

I have that same card tool, but never found it all that useful (kind of dangerous to use actually!). Now... the P-51 I could get behind. I have a few P-38s sitting around - I'll have to add one.

I've also though about getting another stainless peanut lighter to use the case as a pill holder (some claritin/ibuprofen, etc.)

Do you find you use the sharpener much?

i almost never use the card tool; it's there as my last resort backup in case i don't have any of my other knives for whatever reason.
you definitely won't regret adding the 51 to your keys. while i find many of the uses on the "1001 Uses" lists very unfeasible, it's still a handy little bugger.
i've use d the sharpener a few times. i'd like to replace it with an actual whet stone because it seems to be losing its grit.

Originally Posted By: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Some folks appear to have some very well endowed sporrans, yet are missing one of the most essential items of kit for the urban and wilderness environment - Tissue Paper. grin

that's why some bloke invented the Tactkilt.
i keep a packet of kleenex in my glovebox and i usually carry a white bandanna/handkerchief with me, but it was in the was when i took the picture.

Edited by Erik_B (06/06/09 08:03 PM)

Originally Posted By: ironraven
...Shopping appeals to the soul of the hunter-gatherer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 378 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.