Originally Posted By: RayW

My new Asus 1000HE just arrived today from Amazon. A lot of these small netbooks seem to have very similar bells and whistles. I went with this one because of the battery life, advertised as 9 1/2 hours. Online research says realistic run time is 6 to 8 hours depending on use. Have not had a chance to play with it to find out how long it will really run. But it is a really cool toy, know that it will get a lot of use.

I've had the Asus 1000HE for about 2 months now, and the battery life is amazing. I can get 5-6 hours easily while using the internet.

I have tried turning off the bluetooth and wifi, and it gets close to the 9.5 hours claim.

I am very happy with it, and I EDC it every day as well in a Countycomm Bug out Bag. I hardly notice the weight, and I hardly noticed the smaller keyboard.

By the way benjammin, I have successfully copied CD's to a flash drive and installed them that way. I will most likely get the external CD drive eventually too, but for now, I haven't had any problems just copying to the flash drive and then installing directly from it onto my netbook.