Compression clips of this sort are not too bad, but none of them will hold as well as the grabbit. I used clips for quite a long time. They held up better than grommets, but under heavy wind loads would often slip. The problem with clips is the same as with grommets and the gripclip, that being a point stress that doesn't allow the load to distribute well. The grabbits don't create a point load stress, and the greater the load, the stronger they hold. Some clips use the same principle, but again with the point load problems the clips just don't hold as well.

If you see the videos on the Grabbit site, you can see how one grabbit actually defeats a whole handful of compression clips. I discovered the same while trying to tie down a tarp over a load in my pickup using grabbits and croc clips. As I cinched the tie line down on the grabbit, the tension pulled some of the crocs off the opposite side. I went back to the store and picked up some more grabbits and replaced the clips and no more slips, and the tension was as much as I would dare put on a blue tarp. That sold me.

YMMV