I like ponchos. Very versatile. I was talking to a Navy SEAL buddy about the USGI ponchos. I had bought my civilian one from either USCav or BQ. He asked me if I wanted a USGI one, so of course I said yes. A couple of days later, he hands me a brand new USGI poncho for the princely sum of FREE! Gotta love them SEALs.

What goes around comes around. We try to help out military families here when we can. And we send a lot of stuff to the military folks serving overseas. My kids and I send goodies. My wife is part of the socks for soldiers program. She knits wool socks to government specs for our troops to wear. I was surprised that she got a picture and thank you from an active special forces unit wearing the hand made socks. There faces weren't blurred out, so I don't think it would be a good idea to post the picture.

Strangely enough, I was helping a friend move house and I was given a couple of used surplus GI ponchos.

Score!

I will try out the new one when we go camping this weekend. It's rained on us about 95% of the times we have gone camping, so what do you figure the odds are it will get used. I may play around rigging it as a shelter too.