being very bored and i found this old list from B.C.B. military survival ki, i decid to write a good long review over it, last time i only put the contents list on.. the review is inspired on dougs reviews.

B.C.B. military survival kit. ( PSK type survival kit )
Contents:

SIGNALING GROUP
- 1x perry whisle
- 1x Interior of Storage Tin serves as Signal Mirror

EMERGENCY DEVICES GROUP
- 1x small locking folder, 50/50 serrated/plain edge ( china )
- 2x single edge shaving blades ( USA )
- 1x bcb flint and steel
- 1x B.C.B. Commando Wire Saw (w/out finger rings)
- 5x unknown "storm" matches + striker
- 1x Tea Candle
- 1x Button Compass
- 1x Brass Snare Wire
- 1x fishing wire
- 5x Fishing Hooks, small
- 4x Fishing Weights, large
- 4x Leader w/ swivel
- 1x Cotton Ball
- 1x Hacksaw Blade with "sharpened" end

WATER & FOOD GROUP
-10x aquaclear tablets
- 2x condoms

MEDICAL GROUP
- 4x plasters ( sterile ) asst. sizes

MISCELLANEOUS & MULTI-PURPOSE GROUP
- 6x Safety Pins, asst. sizes
- 1x Sewing Kit ( 1 needle, 1 safety pin, wire )
- 1x Pencil
- 1x 40 cm Plastic Tape
- 1x Metal Handle for tin bottom
- 1x accident evaluation report sheet
- 1x Waterproof Survival Instruction Sheet
- 1x Storage Tin

this kit is best discrived as a upgraded "combat survival kit" also made by B.C.B. With this kit BCB adds some more capability to there. It has 2 condoms, a diffrent knife’s which is locking , a hacksaw, 2 single edge razors, 4 plasters, a accident evaluation report, a handle for the tin and a tiny cotonball. It isnt packed very close, so you can easly add more stuff in it, but it also rattlse, a bad thing for soldiers who are carrying this kit unmodified.

Fire is provided with 5 storm type of matches with a stiker, packed in 2 seperate compartments in pastic, adding water resistance, something i like. There is also there flint rod with a small hacksaw as striker, kinda useless since you already got a bigger longer hacksaw included in the kit. A single hand operated one would be beter to. Tinder is provided in the form of a tiny cotonball, the smallest i have ever seen. A horrible combanation, since starting a fire with a tiny, fast buring tinder that isnt waterproof isn’t going to get a fire going in poor conditions.

The kit containes quite a lot of cutting ware, like the stainless steel backlock folder ( made in china ) which is 50/50 plain edge/serrated. A poor choice in mine opinion since its to small to for a compromise, the blade should be plain edge, so it can cut much beter and can be easier to sharpen. The knife wasn’t very sharp, yet another problem. Beside the backlock there are also 2 single edge razors and a hacksaw with a “sharpend end” or should i say 2 hacksaws with a “sharpend end”. The cutting edge of the hacksaw wasn’t really sharp, another disapointment.

There is a handle included in the kit, the ends of the handle is to long so you can’t really connect it as well as the penrith version with the tin. The handle make’s cooking with the tin more easyer wenn you don’t have anything to grab it out of a fire.

The accident evaluation on non-waterproof paper is to write down what and were a injury accured and were to check for injury. Also a very small amount of first aid instructions are printed on them. I prefer a waterproof paper with more exclusive first aid instrutions on it.

The rest is standard BCB equipment, not the very best but adequate.

Conclusion:
I ( could be diffrent from what doug would give ) would rate this kit as adequate/good, it contains most importent things, but the quality could be way beter. Especially the the tinder is very bad and should be replaced with beter alternative’s like pertolium infused cotonwol or commerical tinder. This kit would be a good kit to use a a base to make your own kit, it has plenty of space left and it has a recoinable price.