The test process for all of the Ham licenses are easier now, have been for a few years now. Some Hams don't like that as they think that it will dilute the pool of knowledge but it's simply the way of things. If you got 75% without studying, you can easily get your license by simply taking some more sample tests. I'm guessing that you missed the questions pertaining to the FCC and such, those are pretty easy to learn. If you understand Ohms law, the rest is easy.

One thing I've found since getting my license last year, there a lot of Hams who are more into the electronics and the theory of radio then they are into actually communicating with radios. In some cases it rises to the point of ridiculousness.

I get it as some of my other hobbies, photography and woodworking, are also filled with people more into the equipment and the process than they are in the final product.

The nice thing about Ham radio is that you really don't have to spend a ton of time or money or effort to get started, if you want to pursue it more, there are a lot of ways to do so that will involve a lot of time, money and effort. For now, I'm happy with my setup and with my Technicians license but I'm going to get my General later this year and will probably end up with some sort of HF radio at some point too.

JohnE

"and all the lousy little poets
comin round
tryin' to sound like Charlie Manson"

The Future/Leonard Cohen