Originally Posted By: martinfocazio
Originally Posted By: 7point82
= IIRC they were Reliance brand containers that were about 6 or 7 gallon capacity. Every one of them failed in the same place.

ME TOO!! Wow, there must be some design flaw or something. Did they freeze?

There has to be a design flaw. The containers I had were the ones shaped roughly like a jerry can. I purchased them locally and stored them in my insulated, heated garage. The containers were in a row sitting on the concrete slab with nothing on top of them. I should add that they were only subjected to sunlight while I was pulling cars or mowers in and out of the garage and even then it would have been indirect light. The containers had a large molded X pattern on the side and IIRC each container failed toward the bottom edge of the X. The containers were all new when I purchased them at Academy Sports & none of them lasted a year.

The sad thing is that I have a lot of the 3L size Ozarka stackable water bottles stacked several layers deep in the same garage and none of them has leaked.

I bought some of the large round Reliance containers to replace the jerry can style Reliance containers but I haven't had them very long. Time will tell.

ETA: I went to several web sites trying to find a picture of the containers that failed. So far I haven't been able to locate a picture of them. Hmmmm, either I'm mistaken about them being Reliance containers or that model has been discontinued. I don't think I'm mistaken.