I'm a computer programmer; I don't know if that counts. I don't needs tools for work. I sit at a desk and type all day. I have the same set-up whether I'm at the office or at home or out somewhere.

Currently I carry a Juice Cs4. It hangs inside my pocket from sombre parachord looped through my belt. I believe it's discrete enough that most people don't notice it, or if they do they presume it's keys. The Cs4 is about as thick as my wallet, and with the belt-loop taking the weight I find it convenient to carry. The Cs4 has a decent range of tech tools, including pliers and wire cutters, and several sizes of screwdriver, and knife and scissors.

I also carry a Vic Rambler, partly as backup but mainly for looking after my nails, although I find its smaller Philips screwdriver often fits better than the Juice's big one. It's so small I hardly notice I have it.

My torch is a NiteCore PD10. It uses a single AA, runs for 1 hour at 130 lumens or 50+ hours at 2 lumens or anything in between. I don't carry a spare battery but I do keep some cached at work and in my car.

My wallet is a bifold with many pockets. It contains a few odds and ends that rarely get used, including some first aid supplies (including some burn gel and a sterile dressing pad) and some spare tinder. It has a zipped coin section, in which I keep a lanyard with clip for the PD10, plus some spare cordage. Plus coins for parking metres etc, plus money, credit cards, ID, and a card that logs me into the building.

I try to wear trousers with two back pockets, and then each has a silk bandanna. The right back pocket also has some tissue so I don't have to use a bandanna for my nose, and a PocketMod with some reference data and a calendar. If my shirt has a breast pocket I put another bandanna in there, so I can be carrying either 1, 2 or 3 of them.

I carry a cigarette lighter, either a thin one in a back pocket, or, if my trousers have a fob pocket, a much bulkier and posher Sarome one. (I don't smoke.)

I carry an SE P1 smart phone, with much software, including several eBooks and a reader for them. But no GPS. My watch has an electronic compass.

My keyring has Photon Freedom as a backup light, a whistle, some duct tape, an Inka pen, a fire-starting kit based around a ferro rod as backup for the lighter, and some paper clips and safety pins. The lanyard is 2 metre lengths of parachord woven into a fob. In practice I rarely use anything on the keyring (except the keys) but it's stuff I wouldn't be without.