That's exactly the one I'm considering - the "mini". It might be a lot begger than the Hot Spark. I wish those selling them would publish the dimensions of the rod and the overall dimensions (kudos to Doug for giving so many stats on his knives). Has anyone tried using keys to fire-off ferro rods?

No, I didn't have the keychain attached to anything. I'm still hoping to find it somewhere in the house, but so far that hasn't happened. I'm mostly sad about the Arc light - its been with me a long time. I've tried looping small lengths of paracord to a belt or belt loop, but it gets really irritating when reaching into the pocket. I also don't want to look like a janitor w/ keys hanging out (nothing against janitors ... that's how I earned money in high school & parts of college).

Good point on the tinder. Maybe I should try the stuff-cotton-in-a-straw technique, though I wouldn't think the straws would be tough enough to survive pocket-trauma. If worse comes to worse I figure I can use some bits of cotton clothing smeared w/ lip balm (I usually carry lip balm in a pocket.

Ken