I've tried the cheapo Popeil plastic ones (no fan), the round plastic stackable tray versions (with a fan), and the more expensive drawer types. The best bang for the buck (Blast's great deal being the exception to the rule), are the round plastic stackable tray models with a fan. They are small enough for the counter, but enough capacity for reasonable production. They are usually less than $50. They clean up easily. I've used mine for everything from jerky to zuchinni and mushrooms to cherries and bananas to fruit leather. You need a model with a fan to move the air and significantly shorten the drying time as well as consistently dry all the product.

If I had the money, I would get another big drawer version like what Blast has again, but what I have now works well enough that I can't justify putting out the $200 for not that much greater production capability. Here's what I have now. I got it at Target.

aroma food dehydrator