I will second Pete's opinion on Streamlight products. If you want something small and bright go with a Scorpion, it's about the same size as a Surefire E2. A Scorpion is not as cool looking as a E2 but it is about half the price of the Surefire, and it is less than the halo you are looking at. If you want to go with a rechargeable, Streamlights are the best that i have used, and a Stinger is in your price range. It is smaller than a 2D cell flashlight, but it has 15,000 candlepower. And both of these Streamlights come with spare bulbs, something you don't have to worry about with your Arc LS, which Surefire does not. Now i am not trying to imply that Surefire has inferior products, i own and have used both, Surefire and Streamlight make excellent products. If you are going to use it often and have to buy your own batteries buy the Stinger, any of the flashlights that i have used that contain lithium batteries and an incandescent bulb eat a set of batteries in an hour or less. This can get expensive if you use the light often.

If you have are shopping check out Texas Tactical, no affiliation, just good service and reasonable prices.

http://www1.ecxmall.com/stores/texastacticalsupply/StoreFront.bok

BTW my EDC is an Arc LS with a 2AA clickie and an Arc AAA. HTH