Thanks for sharing LeeG,

I agree with some of the other comments here regarding weight saving and the focus on the goal for the kit. A GHB usually implies a more short-term scenario than a traditional BOB. The easiest way to reduce weight typically is to evaluate the multi-use nature of each item. Redundancy in your priorities like fire is important however redundancy in all areas (e.g. lights) can get very heavy.

An example of the multi-use strategy could be illustrated in the metal storage containers of your kit. If your nalgene bottle is single walled steel and you can boil water in it do you really need the additional metal cup?

If you could make the time on say on a weekend or holiday you might try a practice run. By walking that distance with your GHB you could take notes on your observations regarding what you used from your kit, what you needed, the time, etc.

Great pics and a wonderful conversation starter smile. I've been trying to cut the weight of my DW's kit and I'll have to post pics here to get some comments and ideas. smile

Cheers,
L