The normal expanding foam works fine for windows and doors as long as the foam has a place to expand to. High-expanding (marked on the bottle) I'd be careful with ALL OVER.

IE: Don't shoot an entire bottle of that stuff into the cavity between your outside wall and your inside wall unless you know it has a large void to fill... it WILL push out your wall. With that said I shot an entire can behind my shower to make my pipes stop vibrating.... (forgot to during install).. I know there is a HUGE cavity back there.

I also used it for my doors but there was no trim on the inside or outside so it just squirted out... cut with a blade, and easy insulation laugh

Also using it on my second story where the walls are / they sometimes left 1" between the wall and the floor with insulation exposed... ceiling that up, then doing the tiny holes with silicone II. Then that`ll be covered by carpet, and MAYBE baseboard if we can figure out how to put it on a wall that slants.. hmmm.

A side note... when the can is empty don't throw it on a nail there's still tons left. wink WOOPS. The junk pile was sharp.