Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#164820 - 01/24/09 10:40 AM Re: IDEN [Re: Arney]
Rodion Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Israel
Originally Posted By: oldsoldier
An i576 in the states has direct talk, so I would assume they do as well over there.I have most of my customers sold on this device as its a rugged, capable handset. Not pretty, but it works well. That would be my suggestion for you. Best of luck!

i576 it is, then. It's gonna be tough without a camera, though. I checked, apparently it's either that, or DT - and that's like half the reason I'm even considering a switch. Oh well...

Originally Posted By: Arney
If all these public safety agencies are using iDEN mobile phones in Israel, I think it's safe to assume that it works well in most areas you will be because professionals like that would not tolerate using a bad system for long. I'm a little surprised to hear that so many public safety agencies in Israel and even the IDF use iDEN there. For example, do the police have separate two-way radios plus their iDEN phones, or do they rely totally on their mobile phones there?

And the Motorola iDEN phones are very sturdy. Not the smallest or most fashionable models out there, but they can take a lot of abuse.

Honestly, I have no idea about police equipment. I think it's both, but couldn't tell you for sure.

www.kravmagafederation.com

#165708 - 01/30/09 12:46 PM Re: IDEN [Re: Rodion]
Rodion Offline
Enthusiast

Uh. Could I get some complimentary customer service? I can't seem to find the Directalk feature anywhere in the menus. blush

P.S. There's a whole bunch of menus.

#165729 - 01/30/09 04:53 PM Re: IDEN [Re: Rodion]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
Ok, I pulled up the menu list for an i576. I cannot vouch that it is the same there that it is here.
First, both devices must be set to Direct talk. to do this, press the menu button & select Direct Talk. Select GO TO DIRECT TALK. After a few seconds, your channel & code will appear on your screen. To exit Direct Talk mode, press the menu key again, and select DT OPTIONS, select EXIT DIRECT TALK.

There is actually quite a bit of info. If you like, I can send you a PDF of the users manual. Or, if you have it, and its the same one as I am looking at, its on page 67. If you want the PDF, let me know, I'll email it to you today.

#165738 - 01/30/09 05:50 PM Re: IDEN [Re: oldsoldier]
Rodion Offline
Enthusiast

My menu is as follows:

Datebook
Media Center
Java Apps
My Info
PT Manager
Memo
Profiles
Bluetooth
VoiceRecord
Call Forward
Shortcuts
Call Timers
Customer Care
Settings
Contacts
Recent Calls
Internet
Call Alert
Ring Tones
Quick PTT

The only promising part is the 2 Way Radio in Settings, but it doesn't have anything of the kind you describe.

I suspect the local version is Directalkless.

#165753 - 01/30/09 07:28 PM Re: IDEN [Re: Rodion]
oldsoldier Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
Hm...do you have the instruction manual? If you do, you can look & see what that says. It would be under your Direct Connect options. I have no idea if that feature is available there or not; I had assumed so, but COULD be wrong. You can always call customer care too, and see what they say.

What is the PT manager? I am wondering if perhaps it is in there? Or maybe the quick PTT.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 753 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
The price of gold
by brandtb
Today at 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
09/01/24 05:57 PM
Best TSA Safe Multitool
by Doug_Ritter
08/31/24 02:57 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.