Originally Posted By: PC2K
if you have questions about the laws in your state, county or whatever. Go to the local police office and simply ask.

My neighbor is a former cop and now game warden. I have asked and for many laws that would apply to fishing/hunting/defense etc his simple answer is it 'depends on the DA and jury'. That was and is the point of my first post and now this second one.

We live under laws that threaten us for simply going through the motions of survival preparedness.

Catch and kill a fish 1" under or over the limit? Better hope a game warden doesn't see you if you have money (they can take any gear of yours they wish including vehicles without a trial). If you are Hmong you will go free because popular perception is that Hmong have no money. The DNR is just another political agency in place to make revenue for the state and no higher purpose.

Get some practice with 550 paracord for a snare? Better hope you have the right license and required training courses. Even with the training/license it isn't clear if such a trap is legal. The only sure legal trap is the commercially purchased one.

Want to carry a firearm? Forget about it. No concealed carry anywhere in the state and while open carry is technically legal you will get charged with a 'disturbing the peace' violation for any open carry in the state. And on and on and on.

That was the original point of this post.

Edited by username_5 (01/03/09 01:08 PM)