Originally Posted By: Rodion
A significant part of ETS members are rescue and government workers. Excuse them for advocating the rule of law.

I also advocate the rule of law. It makes a society function. I am a former Marine so I do understand the idea of rules/command/law. This doesn't mean all laws make sense nor does it mean that all laws are favorable to those of us who would like to do simple things like dig a Dakota fire hole in our backyard during the rainy season to get some practice. It doesn't mean it makes sense that a state law allows a spring activated leg trap capable of maiming a child, but doesn't allow a twine snare that couldn't harm a baby. I don't care how law and order oriented you are, I have a neighbor who is former sheriff deputy and now game warden who isn't so uptight.

Quote:
Personally, I believe a TEO***KI type scenario is the one most in need of law enforcement. It's kind of obvious if you think about it.

Katrina taught us that the law and order officials are going to bail and take care of their own families and leave the rest of us (who can blame them).

Quote:
Okay, so some laws are bad. I'm sure the police and/or national guard will take that fact into account in a humanitarian catastrophe.

Like the courts do today?

I am definitely on the wrong forum.